Warning: Uninitialized string offset 2 in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/language.php on line 226

Warning: Undefined array key "" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/language.php on line 227
A PHP-Nuke Platinum Web Portal » Forums
PHP-Nuke Platinum

SourceForge
PHP-Nuke Platinum v7.6.5 / PHP v8.2.24
Sponsor Tron for PHP-Nuke Platinum
::: There is so much more here to see, it takes 30 seconds to register an account and we don't even verify with e-mail! Just register we promise you won't be sorry... ::: Login or Register
IPHub is an IP lookup website featuring Proxy/VPN detection. A free API is available, so you can perform fraud checks on online stores, detect malicious players on online games and much more! Look at this! Click here Look at this! to sign up for FREE today at ipHub ::: Country Music: The Soul Circus Cowboys ::: Sponsor: Brandon Maintenance Management, LLC Phone: 813-846-2865 ::: Sponsor: Big Country Radio - The EJ Morning Show :::

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/auth.php on line 268

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/auth.php on line 268

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/auth.php on line 276

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/auth.php on line 276

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/auth.php on line 328

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php on line 406

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php on line 536

Warning: Undefined array key "session_logged_in" in /home/platinum/public_html/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php on line 788

Warning: Undefined array key "session_id" in /home/platinum/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 1015

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
Forum Replies Last Post
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: XData v1.0.3
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:37 pm
by TheGhost
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: Admin User Notes v1.0.0
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:35 pm
by TheGhost
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: Users Reputations Systems v1.0.0
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:33 pm
by TheGhost
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: Birthdays v3.0.0
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:32 pm
by TheGhost
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: Gender v1.2.6
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:31 pm
by TheGhost
Complicity phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 - Mod: Multiple Ranks And Staff View v2.0.3
Started by TheGhost
phpBB Titanium v2.0.25 0 Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:30 pm
by TheGhost

Big News - New Template Coming Up - New Theme Features As Well
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post   Forum Index PHP-Nuke Platinum - Themes
View previous topic View next topic
KarlChilders Reply with quote
Administrator
Developer
Joined Mar 04, 2023
Big News - New Template Coming Up - New Theme Features As Well
by KarlChilders Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 am

Soon we will have tutorials on making and porting new themes for PHP-Nuke Platinum / PHP-Nuke Titanium and the US version of Nuke Evo Xtreme which will soon be released.

At some point, chromo v1.0 was released with Nuke Evo and was the base default theme (Thanks Effectica).

TheGhost aka Ernest Allen Buffington really had not taken the time to make a proper template or example theme that was well commented on and documented inside the theme code so that theme designers and coders would have a better understanding of how to make or port a theme. The simplicity is crazy now with all 3 versions of CMS.

Nobody ever took the time to explain how the Theme Manager works or how to add globals to any theme without even having to modify the main source of any of the 3 CMSs mentioned above.

When you look at the new release of chromo you will be able to open theme.php and see that it is commented and well-documented.

In the past, a theme designer could spend hours deleting cache or browser files when designing or even editing a theme. TheGhost created what is known as the FlyKit mod which allows you to load CSS dynamically using PHP files so that you will be able to edit in the very same way you edited a regular CSS file / style.css file. The system looks for a style.php file that would reside in the themes includes/css folder. If you add this file it will disable automatically the regular loading of the style.css file. This is great when updating any theme or changing the page layout of any website.

The theme system for PHP-Nuke Platinum and also all 3 CMSs uses a doctype autoloader which will allow you to use or port any theme type you wish. HTML4, HTML5, XHTML1, XHTML1.1, and XHTML5. When you port a theme you can leave the original doctype in tact as PHP-Nuke Platinum supports all doctypes/mime-types. You can even change the doctypes on the fly just by adding or removing a mimetype.php file. This file you would upload to the current theme includes folder. If you do not add a mime-type by uploading one of the premade mime-type files it will default to HTML 4.0.1 Transitional (Loose). If your theme is HTML 4.0.1 you do not need to add a mimetype.php file to the themes includes folder.

There were intentions years ago to try and make a system where when you changed themes it could also change doctypes on the fly so that Nuke could support multiple theme designs that were coded in doctypes that are not the native doctype of PHP-Nuke itself. Hints one Nuke CMS might be using XHTML 1.1 and another might be HTML 5. PHP-Nuke Platinum and all 3 CMSs mentioned above support every doctype. You can test this by viewing the source of the index page as you change themes. You will notice that some themes use HTML5 and others might be using XHTML5 or XHTML1.1 etc. For years, people argued that this could not be done, and even after Ernest explained the best way that he could, some of the very best programmers just could not wrap their heads around it and insisted that it would not work and that it was merely impossible. In fact, it is all over StackExchange where programmers have said that it was impossible.

PHP-Nuke Platinum as well as the other 3 also support using multiple versions of Bootstrap that also is dynamic in loading.

To be so advanced PHP-Nuke platinum is very simple to use and compared to the learning curve of many other CMSs you really have to laugh.

PHP-Nuke Platinum and all 3 above were written for programmers that like to write and use procedural code and have no problem using other vendor libraries to better their website or portal. One might say this CMS and all 3 above are the best of both worlds because you can use procedural code or oop code it makes no difference. What you will find is that all 3 CMSs mentioned above have zero limitations when it comes to adding to your website or portal. Any and all code will work. Any and all vendor libraries will work provided they are up to speed with PHP 8.X.

The framework of all 3 CMSs has been written over the years to cater to people just starting to learn PHP all the way up to the most experienced coders who want to have a platform without limitations.

It is our plan to port all legacy applications/modules to PHP 8 and update them so that they are using today's modern code and at the same time, we will be updating the GUI of each and every one of them.

All 3 CMSs are more versatile than WordPress or any CMS that has been written to date. You can add anything to our framework that works with WordPress or CRAFT or any number of online website applications that exist.

The modular application system allows you to port any online application over to PHP-Nuke Platinum or any of the above-mentioned CMSs.

The folks that are responsible for writing PHP-Nuke and all the Forks of PHP-Nuke were not lazy and hand-coded everything. Meaning they did not rely on others and simply wrote their own libraries and functions.

PHP-Nuke Platinum has tablet and mobile detection for those of you that have to access their websites in this fashion. Merely add it to the theme system... If you detect mobile or tablet only serve them the mobile and tablet themes. You add code so that when they access the website they only see what their device is capable of handling.

In short, I just wanted to let everyone know that TheGhost (Ernest) is working on the new template theme. It will be easy to understand and you will see that it will be a breeze to add any theme you like or also be able to create a theme without having any strange limitations or something you can't do.

I would like you all to remember that the same programmers or hackers that claimed you could not do what TheGhost has done are the same dipshits that kept saying you should not use tables to design a website.

I might add that the ones that were saying that were not even old enough to have ever needed to use tables. Tables have a use, and they will always be around and they are what the Francis Desktop framework solely relies on.

Design your shit the way you want to and stop listening to others who have overinflated egos and think they should force you to think like them.

TheGhost often said there should have been 2 internets, one for phones and tablets and the other for online Desktop applications. He said what everyone needs to do is understand the difference and if they were old enough they would remember when once upon a time we all blocked TV and mobile devices from even accessing our websites.

The good news is that with all the above-mentioned CMSs you can serve Mobile, Tablets, and TVs if you so choose. Do what you will but stop for heaven's sake making 2 colored bland less than ordinary websites. Stop making websites that are white with links and no graphics. It makes you look like you don't have a creative bone in your body. I'm not trying to insult anyone and especially those that take the easy road so they can serve the kiddies on their mobile phones because even I like to access my shit from my phone if I am waiting in a doctor's office or something, but would I change the whole design and layout of my site so that I could do that? Hell No I wouldn't because I have a brain. I would add support that allows me to access it if I want to and leave my awesome Desktop application/website the way that it is.

We have come to this crossroads because programmers started getting lazier and lazier as the years rolled on. The slight obsession with look what I can do with HTML drives me insane. Yea, I can do a million things with HTML but who gives a shit if I have a page that uses 3 colors and all I have is a fancy animated link or 2. I'm not lazy and I like fancy graphics!

Sue Me

Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view List users that have viewed this topic Thank Post   Forum Index PHP-Nuke Platinum - Themes All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: